- An initial screening telephone conversation can be conducted to determine if therapy is required or a more extensive evaluation is needed
- Screenings can help identify those who are within normal limits of development or those who may need more help.
- Complete assessments of speech and language skills can be conducted to identify strengths and needs
- A formal assessment report can be provided upon request
- Assessments for accessing Program Unit Funding (PUF) and a complete report can be provided upon request
- Assessments to help qualify for Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) and an accompanying report can be made available
- Individualized treatment programs and recommendations are developed based on assessment results to provide you with the information you need to make progress
Effective Speech-Language Therapy
- Individual speech therapy in clinic or in your home
- Online therapy can be provided throughout Alberta
- In-person or online parent training (individual or group)
- Play groups (2-6 year olds)
- Parents receive training in how to practice speech and language skills in their home during our sessions
- Therapy is provided in 30, 45 minutes, or 1 hour sessions at the recommended frequency for your child
- Speech-Language Pathologists can work with families who access FSCD services
- Joint sessions with Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists available in our gym space
- Enter contracts with First Nation Health Consortium to provide services for First Nation children accessing Jordan’s Principle funding
Free initial phone consultation: Book online here
In-Clinic – $140 per hour with a Registered Speech-Language Pathologist
In-Home – $165 per hour with a Registered Speech-Language Pathologist
Other fees: $140 per hour for the following services:
- Written reports (~2-3 hours per report)
- Letters written to other professionals (~1-2 hours per letter)
- Summary email with diagnostic statement and recommendations (~0.5-1 hours per letter)
You will always be notified of fees in advance of services you request.
Payment is due immediately following each session via credit card or e-transfer. Speech therapy services are GST exempt.
Receipts will be provided as Canada Revenue Agency considers fees paid to a private Speech-Language Pathologist to be a tax-deductible medical expense.
Direct Bill: Communication Consultation Ltd. can direct bill Alberta Blue Cross. If you have another insurance provider, you may submit your claim using the invoice provided to you directly after the therapy session. Please check with your insurance provider about your coverage prior to our first session.