- An initial screening telephone conversation can be conducted to determine if therapy is required or a more extensive evaluation is needed
- Screenings can help identify those who are within normal limits of development or those who may need more help.
- Complete assessments of speech and language skills can be conducted to identify strengths and needs
- A formal assessment report can be provided upon request
- Assessments for accessing Program Unit Funding (PUF) and a complete report can be provided upon request
- Assessments to help qualify for Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) and an accompanying report can be made available
- Individualized treatment programs and recommendations are developed based on assessment results to provide you with the information you need to make progress
Effective Speech-Language Therapy
- Individual speech therapy at my clinic or in your home
*Home services are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19
- Online therapy can be provided throughout Alberta
- Collaboration with schools/day cares/team members
- Parent training (individual or group parent training online)
*In person group training temporarily suspended due to COVID-19
- Play groups for preschoolers (2-4 year olds)
*Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19
- Families are encouraged to be part of the therapy process
- Therapy is provided in 45 minutes to 1 hour sessions up to three times per week
Initial phone consultation/screening: Free
Session Fees: $135/hour with a Registered Speech-Language Pathologist
Fees are in accordance with the guidelines established by the Alberta Speech-Language Association of Private Practitioners.
Fees for indirect services: $135/hour for the following services:
- material development
- collaboration with team members
- phone calls
- letter writing
- report writing
You will always be notified of fees in advance of services you request.
Payment is due immediately following each session in the form of credit card, cash or e-transfer. Speech therapy services are GST exempt.
Receipts will be provided as Canada Revenue Agency considers fees paid to a private Speech-Language Pathologist to be a tax-deductible medical expense.
Direct Bill: Communication Consultation Ltd. can direct bill Alberta Blue Cross. If you have another insurance provider, you may submit your claim using the invoice provided to you directly after the therapy session. Please check with your insurance provider about your coverage prior to our first session.